About the Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council
Building effective business relationships between Australia and Papua New Guinea.
The Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council is an independent association of businesses based in Australia and Papua New Guinea. It is the peak business body for business between Australia and Papua New Guinea.
The Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council (APNGBC) was established in 1980 with the aim of providing a framework within which the private sector can communicate with the Australian and Papua New Guinea governments at the highest political and policy advising levels, with a view to finding solutions to trade and investment issues involving the two countries.
It also provides members with an all-important network to help further their business goals in Papua New Guinea.
Who Are The Members?
Membership of the Council includes a wide range of industry groups, from large corporations to small family companies as well as government agencies and not-for-profit entities.
Some of the industries represented include: shipping, trading companies, freight forwarding, manufacturing, transport, airlines, accountancy/audit, management and business consultancy, insurance, media, building & construction, tourism, banking, petroleum, tobacco, food/confectionery, legal services and mining.
By becoming a member, you can access a well-established network of businesses already operating in Papua New Guinea and the wider Pacific.
The Council is governed by an elected Management Committee led by a President, and two Vice Presidents. View the current Management Committee.
What activities does the council offer its members?
The Council advances Australian business interests in Papua New Guinea through many means including:
- The holding of trade, investment and information seminars on Papua New Guinea including the annual Australia Papua New Guinea Business Forum;
- Participation in regular bilateral Ministerial talks to discuss major policy issues of concern to Australian business;
- Submissions to government on policy matters affecting Australian business interests in Papua New Guinea;
- The receiving and sending of trade and investment delegations between Australia and Papua New Guinea;
- Dissemination to members of information on current economic, political and social developments in Papua New Guinea;
- Providing access to a network of Australian businesses with long experience in Papua New Guinea with whom members can seek and share information.
- Access to an online hub of comprehensive information and timely updates on Australia and Papua New Guinea political, economic and social issues as well as frequent communication on these and other topics.
- Members are given exclusive early access to Business Council activities such as invitations to important events, key meetings with government officials and delegates from both Australia and Papua New Guinea and opportunities to participate in trade delegations.
The APNGBC Business Council has offices in Brisbane and Port Moresby and has executive committee members domiciled in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
You can learn more about the Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council by downloading this brochure.
A copy of the Council’s constitution is also available here.
Aug 31, 2022 | News
On 30 August 2022 Vaughan Mills, President of the Australia Papua New Guinea Business Council, and Mark Baker,...
APNGBC, with Austrade and the Australian High Commission is arranging a Business Mission to Bougainville, Papua New...
Aug 26, 2022 | News
APNGBC, with Austrade and the Australian Consulate-General Lae is arranging a Business Mission to Lae, Morobe...